Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Learned My Lesson

I must be a slow learner because I am continually surprised at how quickly such a little guy like Peter can make a massive mess. Yesterday I left him in his booster seat for two minutes while I ran downstairs to move a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer. We had just finished lunch (yes, Peter was still wearing his pj's at lunchtime) and Peter only had a partial graham cracker and half a sippy cup of milk left. What could he possibly do in a few minutes while I was out of the room? Hearing Peter's gleeful giggling coming from the kitchen made me realize that probably a lot could happen! Clearly waving around an upside-down sippy cup is just so much fun (I'm thinking of trying it out during Thanksgiving dinner)!

Because Peter is still struggling (or is it me struggling) to get more than an ounce at a time from a sippy cup, I've been taking the valve out to make it easier for him to suck; dumb, dumb, dumb. Valve-less sippy cup + no supervision = very messy kitchen (and a very wet but happy Peter). And since I am such a tyrant of a mother I put the valve back in. As you can see from the picture below Peter was a bit perturbed with me (I don't know why, it's not like he had to clean up everything).

5 comments:

  1. This reminds me of things his grandfather use to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say It looks like his mother gave him eating lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO awesome! You get the best pics of him! :) BTW, we just got the rest of your guys Christmas presents. . . OOH, we have the PERFECT gift for you. . . Tony found it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what products do you use on Peter's hair to get it looking so perfect? Is it the milk? Because I gotta try that. Btw, did you see Jenny McCarthy plugging her autism book on Regis and Kelly (yes, I watch - I have nothing else!)? Is that any good or is she full of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, but you need to throw the milk around and not drink it.

    I'm still a newbie to all of this but I'm not a huge fan of Jenny McCarthy. I think she is too simplistic and one-sided on autism. However, I do appreciate her efforts to increase awareness about autism.

    You should watch the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodean. It'll be good practice!

    ReplyDelete