Thursday, November 13, 2008

I ♥ Family

Oma & Opa with all five of their great-grandchildren. At least a few of them smiled!

So I'm going to milk this past weekend for another blog post (it was a big weekend)! Definitely one of the best parts of having the surprise party was having so many family members there. It was wonderful to catch up with people that I hadn't seen in a long time. For the last 10 years many of my out of state cousins have come to Utah to attend college; Sunday dinners at Oma and Opa's became very crowded and fun. Unfortunately, a lot of them have moved away to various distant locations (my cousin Krista is in Dominica!). And now it seems like all my younger cousins are going to Idaho for college. So it was great to have such a large family gathering.

My cousin Quinten, his wife Kate, and their 3 children decided to drive up from Arizona at the last minute. I was really excited when I found out they were coming. I haven't seen them in over 3 years and I had never met their youngest child Paige. I had fun catching up with Kate and Peter had fun running around with his second cousins.

Peter with his second cousins: Paige, Rhaegan, Sam & Tyson

Peter had a lot of fun playing with Paige and "showing off" for her. Isn't Paige adorable!

6 comments:

  1. We have to try and not let 10 years go by before we all get together again. Thanks to you and your mom and dad this celebration was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your family is SO blonde! Very cute.

    I've been reading your blog via Google Reader and so I haven't noticed the books on your sidebar. Very cool...you have to show me how you did it because I might totally rip you off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Paige IS cute... but you can't tell from THESE pictures! She's crying in the top two. And might I point out that she very rarely cries. Honestly! She's the happiest baby. ANYWAY, we loved seeing you too and I couldn't believe how much Paige loved Peter. He was probably getting annoyed with how much she was following him around everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures, and it seems like the ones I did take were not so good. I must have a knack for catching kids at their worst! Kate, I'll have to swipe a photo of Paige from your blog to show her full cuteness and happiness (although she's cute even when crying). And I think Peter enjoyed having someone follow him around; it made him feel pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a pretty good looking family or we can at least produce good looking kids! I wish I could have made it for the big event. Just another month and we will be in the United States for good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Kristin. Sorry we couldn't make it up to dinner tonight. Rhaegan and Shae haven't been feeling well and i didn't want to get anyone else sick. Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete