Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crap!

You know you're a parent when your husband calls to you from upstairs with the words, "Hey, Kristin. Do you want to see the BIGGEST poop ever?" When did my life get so crappy? (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!) I remember when Ryan and I used to discuss important topics. You know like who has the largest nose in our neighborhood, or why do beans cause gas. Okay, so maybe our conversations weren't always composed of mature topics, contemplative observations, or witty banter, but it is amazing how a having a baby really pitched our conversations into the crapper. Sorry, it's just too easy to make crap jokes—see what parenthood has done to me (if I was honest I would admit that I've always had a fondess for potty humor, now I just have an excuse.) Oh, and Ryan was referring to Peter's poop, just in case you were wondering.

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you were up so early.I think it was Ryan's poop not Peters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought talking about one's poop or lack of being about to, was a sign of aging. I guess everything is now happening at a younger age. Wow I wonder what Peter's first words are going to be? Any bets out there? You crack me up Kristin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My money is on "crap" or the phrase "Oh, Peter" (must be uttered with a sigh, slight shake of the head and a smile).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristin!!! How goes the wonderful life of motherhood? We are busy but great up here in the cold. I just wanted to send you a link to my sister-in-law Raelene's blog. She made one to track her son Kristian's progress and thought you might be interested in getting in touch with her. Anyway here it is: http://kristiannorman.blogspot.com/ if you're interested. Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link Kayla. It is always nice to hear how other people are handling Autism; sometime it's too easy to feel isolated. Raelene seems like such an awesome mom.

    ReplyDelete