Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Own a Vera Wang!

I came across this while looking through the ad of a local furniture store:

Yes, you too can own a Vera Wang...a Vera Wang mattress! As a former fashion editor at Vogue, much-coveted bridal gown designer, and all-around amazing fashion designer, Vera Wang is at the top of the fashion world. And she has kindly and beautifully translated her design sensibilities into popular houseware collections, off-the-rack clothing lines, fragarances, shoes, etc. BUT MATTRESSES! Who cares if the stitching on the mattress is elegant? At best the ONLY person to see it will be you for the five minutes each week you change the sheets. I can only think of one reason to buy a Vera Wang mattress for the sake of it being a Vera Wang: all the "wang" jokes.

3 comments:

  1. Vera Wang is selling her name for immediate profit when really she's destroying her brand name in the long term. If everything has her name scrawled across it, than none of it carries any value (except the dresses she's for which she's renown).

    Stupid business move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thank goodness for statcounter which led me to discover your blog (because you have a link to me). I love love love it. Your writing is just brilliant, and I miss you terribly.
    I hadn't heard about Peter's diagnosis. I actually never hear anything about Peter... which is probably my own fault because I could be better at keeping in touch. In any case, I'm sorry to hear about it. I hope you get some answers. You're in my prayers.
    We are really trying to figure out a way to come to Utah soon. Q actually needs to find a job before we can even think about taking a trip... but we do want to see you. For crying out loud, no one has even met Paige.

    ReplyDelete