Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Goopy Kid

Peter is sick again with another cold. That brings his cold count to the following: 2 colds in October and 900 colds since the beginning of June (alright maybe it’s only been 6, but it sure feels like 900). During the first fifteen months of his illustrious life Peter had a total of 2 minor colds (just the sniffles really). I guess I was bragging about that too much so the cosmos decided to humble me. There is nothing more humbling than a goopy, cranky kid crying over everything (apparently having your 3” tall block tower fall over is incredibly upsetting).


Peter is miserable and I wish there was more I could do for him. Unfortunately, you can’t give cold medicine to kiddos his age. He has to be satisfied with a cute frog humidifier, saline nose drops, and the much detested bulb syringe (and lots of naps and hugs). Peter hates the bulb syringe and I don’t blame him—I wouldn’t like someone sticking that in my nose. But I think I would hate BEING a bulb syringe even more. If by some crazy Disney-esque fluke I’m turned into a household product (à la Beauty and the Beast) being a bulb syringe would definitely be on my “Ew-That-Is-So-Gross-I’ll-Be-Anything-But-That” list. (Toilet plunger and anal thermometer would also be on the list.) Who would want to be a snot sucker forever?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think having the point, blue thing of sucky-ness coming at your little nose would be too thrilling.

    Hm. Anal thermometer vs snot sucker. I guess at least the anal thermometer gets disinfected after each use. . .

    ReplyDelete