Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I ♥ McDonald's Monopoly

October was Ryan’s favorite month before he married me. Watching MLB playoffs, attending BYU football games, following every NFL game—what more could a guy want? Then I came along and I brought with me an enthusiasm (okay, I admit it’s really an obsession) with McDonald’s Monopoly. McDonald’s yearly Monopoly promotion really is a brilliant move. They entice thousands of non-customers into their restaurants with the lure of winning a million dollars. And they encourage their regular customers to come more often. I mean if a person can win a million dollars by simply drinking Diet Coke, why not? It sure is easier than eating bugs while living for 39 days in a remote location with 15 other incredibly smelly people!

Has anyone ever won the million? I don’t know, but I do know not too many people have won the lesser cash prizes. And yet this does not hamper my passion. I just KNOW I am going to win (of course I have thought this for several years). Every October I quite simply get giddy at the idea of peeling off a new game piece from my food wrapper. And poor Ryan kindly eats more McDonald’s food in those 3 weeks in October than he does in the other 49 weeks of the year. I just simply have to collect as many game pieces as possible without actually eating a Big Mac (no amount of money will make me do that). And since they started the online game a few years ago, my quest for game pieces has intensified. When I was pregnant 2 years ago, I was known to ask other people for their game pieces instead of throwing them away—it’s amazing how little shame I had when pregnant! I am pathetic, but I can’t deny the embarrassing truth: I heart McDonald’s Monopoly. Please don't think less of me.

4 comments:

  1. Not to get all lawyerly on you, but how does spending a month eating McDonalds make me "poor Ryan"? It does make me "fat(ter) Ryan," but not "poor Ryan."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Poor Ryan" because we spend a lot of extra cash at McD's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you go their so I don't kick your trash in the real game! Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Dad. If I don't win playing at McDonalds I can blame it on corporate greediness and manipulation. But IF I don't win plyaing you...I mean WHEN I don't win playing you I have to blame my inferior skills!

    ReplyDelete