Sunday, January 11, 2009

Photography Skills

Isn't this an exceptional photo? Okay, I admit that it in no way qualifies as a good photo or even a mediocre one, but I am still incredibly proud of it. Why, you ask? It's the first photo Peter has taken with a camera; not too shabby for a 23 month old. On Friday, Peter was playing on the computer. (No, I haven't converted him to the awesomeness of video games yet. He was literally playing on the turned off computer—moving the mouse around, tapping the keys and pushing buttons on the front of the monitor.) I had stupidly left my camera on the computer desk and of course Peter noticed it. However, I did not notice it until I heard the distinct fake shutter sound on my camera indicating a photo had just been taken. I turned around to find Peter with his finger on the camera and a huge grin on his face. He knew he had just done something cool. So above is the result of Peter's stolen minute with my camera. I think he did an impressive job setting up the shot, creating an interesting composition. Or maybe he just pushed a button (who can resist the siren call of a button?).

3 comments:

  1. What a smart young man you have.He dose love pushing buttons(human or electronic) it dosnt matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I think Pete has a new career in front of him as a photographer. When are we going to talk? Maybe we should set up a time for a phone date. I miss you, Cookie! And I need to thank you for my fabulous Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think Peter has found his talent. Honestly that is a really cool picture. You ought to enlarge it, frame it and hang it in his room. It would be a great piece for a photography class to analyze.

    ReplyDelete