Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Peter!

My baby is 2 today! Here's a little video celebrating Peter's illustrious life thus far through photos. Enjoy.



When I was putting together this video there was no question of what song to use. "Starlight" by Muse will always be to me Peter's song; whenever I hear it I always think of him and the weeks following his birth. As many of you know Peter had to stay in the hospital for 3 weeks after he was born. Because of this I was pumping my breast milk every 3 hours around the clock. During the first week I often did my middle of the night pumps on the glider in Peter's unused room in an effort to feel closer to him. One night I decided to listen to my iPod while I pumped to keep me awake. As I sat there with one of Peter's blankets around me, "Starlight" came up on shuffle. Even though I had heard the song before and liked it (I did put it on my iPod) this time it was different. Listening to it I felt closer to my little boy who was miles away from me. I just wanted to hold him in my arms and never let go. Since that night whenever I hear "Starlight" I always think of Peter and how much I love him and what he means to me.

8 comments:

  1. Kristin (cuz we all know who did ALL the work in puttihg together the video!!) -

    How fun to see THE 2-year old's life in four minutes - cute, cute photos.

    Thanks for sharing. And most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PETER! Our very favorite 2-year old grandson!!

    We'll party on Friday night!!

    Love to all three of you,
    Sandy (Grma T.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most rocking birthday video ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was GREAT! Happy 2nd to little Peter. I had totally forgotten how TINY he was. Oh my goodness. What a cute kid. We miss him! We'll have to come up for a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should sell this for money. Can't you afford better toys than tampons. Next he will be wearing Kotex pad slippers. What a man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER! I loved the video. He's a cutie. We're excited to see you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable tribute to a beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I missed the birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Peter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing song and a gorgeous boy!

    ReplyDelete