Friday, June 26, 2009

U Can't Touch This

In general, 3rd grade girls are not paragons of coolness (especially 3rd graders with shamu-sized hair sprayed bangs). But I remember being at a friend's birthday party when I was 9 and thinking I was pretty cool. Now why would I think that? Well, I was dancing to MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" and you can't get much cooler than that, right? There we were a bunch of dorky 8 and 9 year old girls bopping around to an older sister's mix tape and then MC Hammer came on. Wow, I loved that song.

Now, nineteen years later, Peter loves that song! For Father's Day my brother Kyle and his wife Renae gave Ryan one of those nifty Hallmark cards that plays a song when it is opened. Peter immediately fell in love with card the first time he opened it and it played "U Can't Touch This." He carries it around the house, opens it and proceeds to bust a move. He wags his head, spins in a circle, pops up from his knees, stamps the ground, and wiggles his shoulders. Thanks to his almost hourly performances this week I've learned a couple of things: 1. My 2-year-old is more coordinated than me; 2. He's way cooler now than I was as a 3rd grader (at least he thinks he is).

4 comments:

  1. Boy, Peter sure has the moves! Now if only I could teach Tony to dance like that. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Kristin really wanted to go meta-video on you, she'd post a clip of Peter watching the videos of Peter dancing.

    As much as he loves dancing, he REALLY loves watching himself dancing. He's been on my lap watching these videos for the last 15 minutes now, saying "again!" whenever they end.

    Oh well, at least it's not Handy Manny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing Kenneth said when watching the videos. Peter really has the moves. The videos are great. Sure glad to see a post from you Kristin!

    ReplyDelete